Dental Care for Overall Health
Dental cleanings serve an integral role in promoting and preserving oral and whole body health. Teeth cleaning is absolutely essential in order to maintain healthy teeth and gums, avoid decay and tooth loss, and prevent infections. Our office recommends a teeth cleaning is performed once every three to six months depending on the condition of your oral health.
What to expect during a teeth-cleaning appointment:
- You will be greeted with a smile, beverage and snacks
- Review of your medical history
- Check blood pressure
- Take Comprehensive X-rays,
- X-Rays (including 18 pictures)
- Gum health check-up (overall gum health and bone height)
- Tartar and stain removal
- Teeth polishing
- Review of proper brushing and flossing instructions
- Optional Fluoride Application
Why are teeth cleanings so important?
Bi-annual (twice a year) dental cleanings help remove plaque and calculus that naturally form on your teeth and around your gums. Any bacteria left on your teeth causes inflammation and without consistent teeth cleaning, the inflammation puts you at a higher risk for developing a wide variety of problems throughout the body, including diabetes and heart disease. Bi-annual cleanings allow us to catch dental issues early on to avoid potential pain and tooth loss.